Polisocial Award 2015-2016
Competition for scientific research with social impact – 3rd edition
3rd edition of PoliSocial award: call for proposals has been published officially on March 10th, 2016. The competition aims at fostering scientific research with high social impact and is funded with a part of income tax that Italian taxpayers chose to destine to Politecnico di Milano (5 per 1000 IRPEF).
The results for the 2nd selection phase and the list of the award-winning projects is public from July 21th, 2016.
The award-winning projects will start the implementation phase from October 1st, 2016.
The competition is open exclusively to the following applicants from Politecnico di Milano: tenured professors and researchers, fixed-term researchers, research fellows.
Applicants workgroups may include PhD students, technical and administrative permanent staff as well.
Polisocial Award consists of presenting, selecting and implementing research projects for social aims, i.e.:
- survey and conception projects – projects aimed at assessing the viability of specific solutions to problems and challenges with either local or international social outcomes;
- development and experimentation projects –applied research projects with high scientific value, that are aimed at developing and testing in the field previously developed theoretical analyses and solutions.
2nd selection phase - Results and award-winning projects
The award-winning projects are:
- Tid Mekii Test Diagnostico lab-on-chip per la Malaria
Riccardo Bertacco - DFIS, Daniela Petti - DFIS, Edoardo Albisetti – DFIS, Marco Sampietro – DEIB, Gianfranco Beniamino Fiore - DEIB
- PoliMIne Humanitarian Demining GPR System
Maurizio Lualdi – DICA, Paolo Bestagini – DEIB, Luca Di Landro - DAER, S. Lameri - DEIB, M. Compagnoni - DICA, Gerardus Janszen - DAER
- LYV Lend Your Voice
Licia Sbattella – DEIB, Sam Guinea - DEIB, Sonia Cenceschi – DEIB
- Tambali Fii Creazione di un polo di innovazione tecnologica e sociale per la crescita della filiera nautica e ittica senegalese come strategia di inversione dei fenomeni migratori dal continente africano
Andrea Ratti – DESIGN, Piercarlo Maggiolin – DIG, Barbara Previtali – DMEC, Valentina Rognoli – DESIGN
- MASTR-SLS MApping Schistosomiasis Transmission Risk in Saint-Louis, Senegal
Renato Casagrandi - DEIB, Lorenzo Mari - DEIB, Chiara Francalanci - DEIB, Maresa Bertolo - DESIGN
- Mo.N.G.U.E. Mozambique.Nature.Growth.University.Education.
Michele Ugolini - DASTU, Lorenza Petrini – DICA, Laura Montedoro – DASTU, Liala Baiardi – DABC, Rossana Gabaglio – DASTU, Valentina Dessì – DASTU, Stefania Varvaro – DASTU, Jacopo Barbieri - DENG
Massimo Tadi – DABC, Gabriele Masera – DABC, Mario Grosso – DICA, Francesco Causone – DENG, Andrea Arcidiacono - DASTU