Polisocial Award 2017
Competition for scientific research with social impact – 4th edition
4th edition of PoliSocial award: call for proposals has been published officially on June 22th, 2017. The competition aims at fostering scientific research with high social impact and is funded with a part of income tax that Italian taxpayers chose to destine to Politecnico di Milano (5 per 1000 IRPEF).
The 4th edition of the competition deals with the topic of marginal and deprived urban areas and neighbourhoods; the research projects have to develop activities to address and overcome current urban, social, economic and environmental challenges that marginal areas are facing.
The Metropolitan City of Milan will be the context of intervention of research projects.
The competition is open exclusively to the following applicants from Politecnico di Milano: tenured professors and researchers, fixed-term researchers, research fellows.
Applicants workgroups may include PhD students, technical and administrative permanent staff as well.
Polisocial Award consists of presenting, selecting and implementing socially – oriented research projects. Projects categories:
- Applied projects – applied research projects with high scientific value, that are aimed at developing and testing in the field previously developed theoretical analyses and solutions.
- Conception projects – projects aimed at assessing the viability of specific solutions to problems and challenges
Concept Note submission: September 2017, 18th – 12 a.m.CEST
Full Proposal submission: November 2017, 20th – 12 a.m. CET
Infoday: Il Politecnico di Milano per le periferie
2017, July 3rd, Aula Magna, Politecnico di Milano
With the participation of:
- Don Virginio Colmegna, Presidente della Fondazione Casa della carità
- Arianna Censi, Vice Sindaca della Città metropolitana di Milano
- Mirko Mazzali, Delegato del Sindaco alle Periferie, Comune di Milano
- Cristina Chiavarino, Responsabile programma “Periferie Sociali”, Fondazione Cariplo
Please confirm your attendance by sending an email to email@example.com